From: Barry Marler <barry.marler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] pam-login and shadow conflict
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 10:35:16
1 On 5/31/06, Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Barry Marler wrote:
3 > > On 5/31/06, A. Khattri <ajai@××××.net> wrote:
4 > >
5 > >>
6 > >> On two of my servers, a recent update is wanting to emerge
7 > >> sys-apps/shadow
8 > >> but it is blocked by sys-apps/pam-login.
9 > >>
10 > >> Just wondering if there was some change recently that means switching
11 > >> from
12 > >> one to the other?
13 > >>
14 > >
15 > > emerge -C sys-apps/pam-login && emerge sys-apps/shadow
18 > Thanks! Very good (and simple) advice... though I think I'll still open a couple terminals
19 > to be safe (my server's about 1000 miles away).
20 >
21 > b
22 >
23 > PS: Speaking of emerge questions, it's only major version jumps of GCC that require
24 > special care (libtool and all that), right? In other words, there's nothing special I need
25 > to do for this 3.4.5-r1 to 3.4.6-r1 emerge, right?
26 > --
27
28 You're right.
31 Barry Marler
32 Information Analyst II
33 Center for Applied Genetic Technologies
34 University of Georgia
35 Athens, GA
36 USA
37 --