From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow.Mun.Heng@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Practical user management with OpenLDAP?
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 02:49:36
1 On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:04 +0100, Benjamin Smee wrote:
2 > heya,
3 >
4 > On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 00:31 -0700, Bill Johnstone wrote:
5 > > Under Gentoo, when using OpenLDAP and the pam_ldap and nss_ldap suite
6 > > for user authorization and nameservices, what is the
7 > > accepted/recommended solution for user account management? I'm
8 > > referring specifically to native programs at the command-line, and
9 > > equivalent to the standard shadow suite tools, not something like
10 > > phpldapadmin.
11 >
12 > Well by putting your accounts into LDAP you really should be using LDAP
13 > management tools to manage it.
14
15 Just a bit off track here, will PHPLDAPadmin be able to actually empower
16 a normal user a means for changing passwords? I'm considering moving to
17 LDAP but I'm not sure how users can change passwords for their samba
18 shares.
19
20 Currently using changepassword.cgi which changes the samba passwords
21 from a web-page.
22
23 Can PHPLdapadmin do something like this or...
26 Ow Mun Heng
27 Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
28 98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
29 Neuromancer 10:47:55 up 3 days, 17:55, 6 users, load average: 1.19,
30 1.34, 1.23
34 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list