From: Steffen Zieger <list+gentoo-server@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] exim + spamd: permissions errors when checking spam
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 11:40:17
1 Am Sonntag, 20. August 2006 02:00 schrieb fire-eyes:
2 > Thanks for the reply :)
3 No problem.
4
5 > Well, the username nobody already existed, oddly its home was / ... So I
6 > just created a new user for spamd, edited conf.d/spamd for PIDFILE and to
7 > use the option -u user-i-made , however I still get exactly the same
8 > errors.
9 Spamc is connecting to spamd as the user running spamc. Spamd will try to
10 create files for the connecting user (got the same problem with an
11 Exchange-Server and SpamC/Spamd).
12
13 You've got three options:
14 a) disable per user-settings
15 b) create an home directory for the user nobody
16 c) run spamc as the user you want (don't know how to do this)
17
18 Answers:
19 a) Add -x as an option to spamd
20 b) Change the home directory of the user nobody like you want.
23 > One would expect this to work out of the box :(
24 Got the same problem on a kubuntu installation. :(
25
26 > Any other ideas?
27 Look above :)
28