From: Thomas Kirchner <lists@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Re: Dspam Users, Stand Up Please
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 13:33:10
1 * On Sep 26 14:57, Jose Gonzalez Gomez (gentoo-server@l.g.o) wrote:
2 > As far as I know about DSPAM (anybody correct me if I'm wrong), you
3 > must train it in order to begin detecting spam. I have never
4 > configured it, but I'm using it, and it provides two special addresses
5 > per user: spam-user@××××××××××.com and fp-user@××××××××××.com.
6 > Whenever you receive spam not detected by DSPAM you must forward it to
7 > the first address. Whenever DSPAM incorrectly tags a mail as SPAM you
8 > must forward it to the second address (false positive). The more you
9 > train it, the more accurate it gets.
10
11 I trained DSPAM for over 6 months. It never gained accuracy past the
12 first week, topping off at about 93%. (And yes, I did check that it was
13 still learning, picking up new tokens, etc.)
14 Tom