From: "Witschel
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-server] rsyncd inside vserver
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 08:53:24
1 No. NFSD is not running on the Host. But since i virtualized the function that was running on the host I found rsync running on the host without spcific IP binding (well, it seems rsync cant be bound to a specific IP?), so the deamon on the host blocked the virtual IP. After stopping rsyncd on the host, the virtual server worked fine.
2 Thanx for your suggestion! It finaly directed me into the right direction.
3
4 Is there a specific mailing list for the gentoo vserver project? I'm planning virtualisation of at least 7 productive services, including mailrelay, mediawiki, cups and samba. I am willing to share my experiences as well as I will need help from others.
5
6 mit freundlichen Grüßen
7
8 Matthias Witschel
9
10 Infraserv GmbH & Co. Höchst KG
11 Geschäftsfeld IT-Services
12 Computing Services
13 Server Center
14
15 Industriepark Höchst
16 Geb. C 584, Raum U10e
17
18 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
19 Von: Benedikt Boehm [mailto:hollow@g.o]
20 Gesendet: Montag, 30. Januar 2006 21:52
21 An: gentoo-server@l.g.o
22 Betreff: Re: [gentoo-server] rsyncd inside vserver
23
24 Do you, by any chance, run nfsd on the host?
25
26 if yes http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-359538.html my be of help for you.. if you need nfsd on the host try to bind it to one specific ip only, instead of 0.0.0.0
27
28 HTH