From: Leon Schoorl <leon_schoorl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Quick NIS lesson
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 20:06:59
1 I don't have any experience with NIS, but I have been
2 reading a lot about it a couple years ago.
3 I think you should look in /etc/nsswitch and add(or
4 change) the line:
5 shadow: files
6 AFAIK that should prevent the system from reading
7 passwords from the NIS server
8
9 Hope it helps,
10
11 Leon Schoorl
12
13 --- Jason Qualkenbush
14 <Jason.Qualkenbush@××××××××××.com> wrote: > I'll get
15 right into my problem. I have an internal
16 > web server that I
17 > don't want anyone but me to log into. However, this
18 > webserver needs to
19 > use NIS/NFS so it can automount users home
20 > directories for public_html.
21 > I tried to restrict people from logging in using
22 > these lines in passwd:
23 >
24 > +myusername::::::
25 > +:!!:+:+:+:+:/bin/false
26 >
27 > Shouldn't that allow "myusername" to log in and deny
28 > anyone else? This
29 > really is more of a "Should I be doing it this way?"
30 > kind of question I
31 > guess.
32 >
33 > -Jason