From: MIkey <mikey@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Cyrus-Imapd - Why is it such a pain to set-up?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:45:22
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2
3 > Anyway, I'm like 90% there but am wondering how come there's so _little_
4 > documentation on cyrus? It's like not many people uses it (configuration
5 > headache comes to mind? cyrus-sasl comes to mind?)
6
7 http://badpenguins.com/source/gentoo_create_virtmail/
8
9 You can look in create_virtmail.sh for examples of how to set it up for
10 virtual domains etc...
11
12 I find cyrus to be far superior than all of the other imap servers - sieve
13 filtering, shared folders, acls, handles nntp, black boxed user accounts,
14 load balancing, etc....
15
16 What it does lack, as you might have discovered, is clear documentation ;)
17
18 I would also suggest searching for the autocreate, autosievefolder, and
19 rmquota+deletemailbox patches. They allow, for example, for automatic
20 creation of the mailbox and folders when an email comes in to a valid
21 account.
24 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list