From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] cfengine any one?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:46:40
1 Jean Blignaut wrote:
2 > I saw cfengine mentioned here:
3 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/infrastructure/server-standards.xml
4
5 > But my searching thru the forums and cfengines website aren’t yielding
6 > the kind of result I’d expect:
7 >
8 > * What are its features
9 > * Screenshots?
10 > * How to configure/setup (if its what I’m looking for)
13 There's no screenshots for it :P. The best thing to do is read all the
14 docs/guides on cfengine.org. We primarily use it for centralized config
15 management. One example is pushing out configs for ssh across all our
16 machines without needing to log into each of them.
19 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
20 Gentoo Infrastructure | Operations Manager
21
22 ---
23 GPG Public Key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
24 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
25
26 ramereth/irc.freenode.net