From: Stefan <stefan.van.oirschot@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] apache+ mod_ssl restart need enter the Pass Phrase
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:24:15
1 On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 09:19:25 +0800, Wang Penghui <wangpenghui@××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi all:
3 >
4 > If i add ssl cert to my apache server,then when i restart the server i
5 > have to enter the Pass Phrase. I wonder that if i restart my server box.
6 > And the apache was exist in the runlevel default, what would happen when
7 > i don't input the Phrase? Does it wait until i enter the password, or
8 > ignore this to start other servers?
9 > Because my server box is not nearby me. So i have to login it remotely.
10 > If the apache server wait until i enter the Phrase i think i need to
11 > clear out it from default runlevel.
12 >
13 > Thanks very much.
16 As far as I now the server will stop untill you enter a valid
17 password. Now you can do (atleast) 2 things.
18
19 1. Remove the apache service from the default runlevel.
20 2. Add an entry to your httpd.conf like this:
21
22 SSLPassPhraseDialog exec:/usr/local/apache/bin/appasswd
23
24 Create a file, in the example above that would be the file:
25 /usr/local/apache/bin/appasswd. Put something like this in the file
26
27 #!/bin/sh
28
29 echo "PASSWD"
30
31 Make sure this file is not readable for the world, etc. Ofcourse this
32 is not a really secure solution. :)
33
34 Regards,
35