From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <support@××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Qmail - Spamassassin - Clamv
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 23:59:12
1 On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 11:10, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
2
3 > FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ FAQ
4 >
5 > read the qmail-scanner FAQ.
6
7 Sorry will do now. I hate when someone asks a question for the millionth
8 time. Even worse when the someone is me? Damn, my foot tastes pretty
9 good.
10
11 > > I am turning off clamd to see if that makes a difference. Is it normal
12 > > before for the entire scanning process to fail due to clamd causing a
13 > > problem?
14 >
15 > err, using clamscan instead of clamdscan will only make this worse. clamdscan
16 > doesn't grow, clamscan's memory usage changes every time a change is made to
17 > the virus databases.
18 >
19 > > Or is it a newbie issues?
20 >
21 > yes.
22
23 Figured. However as it mentions on the bottom of the instructions I
24 think I will email the author and mention that the softlimit may need to
25 be increased.
26
27 Since I followed the example, yet right off the bat no go. Seems like
28 something many others have run into, and even more will run into.
32 Sincerely,
33 William L. Thomson Jr.
34 Support Group
35 Obsidian-Studios, Inc.