From: Benny Pedersen <me@××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] net-www/apache-1* masked.
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:55:55
1 On Tue, May 15, 2007 20:48, Robert Worreby wrote:
2 > I can only agree with Mark, I use Gentoo extensively at home, and love it.
3
4 keep up the good work Robert :)
5
6 > But at work (Telco environment) I wouldn't recommend it, there we go with Red
7 > Hat Linux (surprise surprise ;-))
8
9 i have still redhat 8 aswell here, need time to change it to gentoo, redhat 8
10 keeps working for me, damm redhat :-)
11
12 > when it comes to Linux, otherwise we're
13 > using HP-Unix and Sun Solaris extensively.
14
15 my sun server is a coldcabinet for beers :-)
16
17 > Personally I'd prefer for a server environment Debian which for a company got
18 > a stable and long release cyclus (even though it's nowhere as flexible as
19 > Gentoo....)
20
21 do we talk debian enterprise or jost debian ?
22
23 what gentoo needs is enterprise and more that use developes for gentoo
24 enterprise, not complain on what is missing in gentoo
25
26 > It's basically all boils down to production stability and knowing your
27 > environment from a to z.
28
29 i know perfect with gentoo, but its hard with other os
30
31 thanks to devs on gentoo, i love the work that ARE being done, and hope i am
32 not needed to install another iso to break things
35 This message was sent using 100% recycled spam mails.
38 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list