From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] net-www/apache-1* masked.
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 18:44:21
1 Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > Ben Munat wrote:
3 >> Just out of curiosity (I've *always* used apache 2 on gentoo), why is
4 >> apache 1.x being removed from portage?
5 >
6 > Probably because of the extra time/work that it takes to maintain
7 > compatability/support for both 1.x and 2.x in every ebuild that uses
8 > apache.
9 >
10 Hmm, yeah... and every little security patch or upstream hiccup... I
11 guess that was a dumb question... plenty of extra work there. Well, I
12 for one, would love to see the whole 1.* vs. 2.* thing behind us. Now
13 can anyone kick some sense into Apple? :-)
14
15 b
16 --
17 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list