From: rdmurray@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Cyrus-Imapd - Why is it such a pain to set-up?
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:12:16
1 On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 at 11:46, Craig Webster wrote:
2 > On 20 Mar 2006, at 08:17, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
3 >> Are there simpler means to achieving this?
4 >>
5 >> BTW, my setup consists of cyrus-imapd,cyrus-sasl,postfix and web-cyradm.
6 >> What do you guys use?
7 >
8 > We used the virtual mail setup documented on the Gentoo site and then
9 > customised it.
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/virt-mail-howto.xml
11
12 I did something similar. I'm using postfix-mysql-amavis-cyrus, and I
13 found a gentoo howto for (most of) the setup. I remember there were
14 a couple of sticking points that weren't quite clear from the doc, but
15 other than one stupid user error there wasn't anything too terribly
16 difficult to figure out. I did use some additional google-found
17 resources to fill in some understanding-blanks, I think. cyrus is
18 pretty much black magic to me, though, I just did what the howto
19 said and it worked....
20
21 --David
22 --