From: Korthrun <korthrun@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Gigabit cards
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 15:30:21
1 On 4/11/07, Mark Rudholm <rudholm@×××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Norman Rieß wrote:
3 > > Wendall Cada schrieb:
4 > >> I'm looking for recommendations for the best price versus quality
5 > >> gigabit ethernet cards. Particularly interested in stability as they
6 > >> will be used in a production mail server and production web server.
7 > >>
8 > >> Wendall
9 > >>
10 > >>
11 > > Definitely Intel.
12 >
13 > I would second (third? fourth?) that recommendation.
14 > I'm a sysadmin at a really big Internet company, and
15 > have dealt with lots of cards. Intels are consistently
16 > the least likely to cause headaches.
17 > --
18 > gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
22 Just want to second this. The e1000 driver is pretty solid, and very
23 stable. I've never really had an issue with it.
24 --
25 () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email,
26 /\ vCards, and proprietary formats.
27 --
28 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list