From: gregorcy <gregorcy@××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Complete migration from Scientific Linux with new features (Samba+AD/Winbind)
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 16:53:03
4 What's missing: OpenLDAP replication from AD? Is this possible? Is this
5 > needed? Since I want another machines (running Linux) to authenticate it
6 > will be a good idea only ONE machine get information from AD and everyone
7 > else authenticate natively on this Gentoo Machine.
11 No this is not needed. If you are in a mixed environment (I think) it is
12 much easier to just use AD as the one directory service and join all your
13 linux boxes to it. As long as your idmap ranges match your users will have
14 the same uid on all boxes.
18 Brian Gregorcy
19 IT Manager
20 University of Utah