From: Jeff Rooney <jtrooney@×××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Disable ARP
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 22:26:25
1 Both methods appear to work as I hoped.
2
3 Ramon: you where exactly right, I was following some documentation sent
4 over with some load balancers that I am experimenting with. Unfortunatly
5 their tech staff didn't have any real options for us other than blocking
6 the arp responses via ebtables. Not sure why I didn't think about using
7 the dummy interface instead of the loopback...guess its just been that
8 sort of day for me =)
9
10 Thanks again for your help Ramon and RijilV.
13 Jeff
14
15 Ramon van Alteren wrote:
17 > Hash: SHA1
18 >
19 > Jeff Rooney wrote:
20 >
21 >> This really can't be that difficult of a task, but I have to be doing
22 >> something wrong here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
25 > preup() {
26 > /sbin/ifconfig dummy0 -arp;
27 > return 0
28 > }
29 >
30 > config_dummy0=( "ipaddress" )
31 >
32 > Works for us, need the dummy module / kernel option of course.
33 > Any reason you specifically need an lo interface or are you perhaps just
34 > following old loadbalancer instructions ?
35 >
36 > regards,
37 >
38 > Ramon