From: Stuart Stegall <stuart@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: gs-sources - gone!?
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:35:44
1 Also many of you who do want 2.4.x, may want to look at
2 sys-kernel/grsec-sources
3
4 I believe all of the gentoo infrastructure servers use this. I have a
5 couple of servers using it.
6
7 Lance Albertson wrote:
8 > Billy wrote:
9 >
10 >>Joey McCoy wrote:
13 >>>I second that. Been using hardened-dev-sources for a month or two now,
14 >>>and
15 >>>it is much faster with Apache and so on. Lots of neat features, too.
16 >>>Stable as a rock.
19 >>to run hardened-dev-sources do you also need to be running/building
20 >>stuff with gcc +hardened, too? Do you have to switch portage profiles?
23 > No, you aren't required to have that at all. You should only do that if you want
24 > to hardness the full power of a hardened system. Hardened-dev-sources is just
25 > the kernel end of the deal. It'll still work fine w/o a hardened toolchain.