From: Konstantin Astafjev <konstantin@××××××××.com>
To: RijilV <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: Re[2]: [gentoo-server] Interesting IP Aliasing Problem
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:22:15
1 Hello RijilV,
2
3 Monday, December 3, 2007, 10:34:54 PM, you wrote:
4 >> On 03/12/2007, Konstantin Astafjev <konstantin@××××××××.com> wrote:
5 >> - the craziest one: take vlan switch, on your NIC create some VLANs,
6 >> change MAC address on each VLAN.
7 >>
8 >> AFAIK, DHCP assigning a different IPs simultaneously on one MAC impossible.
9
10 > Hey Konstantin,
11 > Another crazy one:
12 > - Bring up a bunch of dummy interfaces and bridge them over to the main interface.
13 > I also don't think you can assign multiple IPs via DHCP (I'd like to be shown wrong!)
14
15 > .r'
16
17 Yeah. If it's possible to change MAC address on dummy interfaces, that
18 will be the best one solution, IMHO.
21 Konstantin
24 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list