From: robert anstuther <robert.anstruther@×××××.biz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Mount Samba shares as home
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:12:32
1 Also checkout smbpasswd/ smbpassword set up
2 Boba.
3
4 > Alexander Zimmerling schrieb:
5 >> Thank you,
6 >>
7 >> I've added bob = bob.example to the smbusers and username map
8 >> = /etc/samba/smbusers to /etc/samba/smb.conf.
9 >>
10 >> Anything more I have to do?
11 > Who knows? My crystal ball is broken. The usual technique is setting
12 > "log level" in smb.conf and look why authentication fails. You'll see
13 > exactly what kind of username windows sends and if mapping and auth
14 > succeed.
15 > Another option would be getting rid of the wrong names and joining the
16 > linux boxen to the domain (or use {pam,nss}_winbind).
17 >
18 > cheers
19 > Paul
20 > --