From: Georges Toth <georges@××××.lu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] [ANN] Ebuild for Puppet
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:47:26
1 Hi,
2
3 > I recently discovered Puppet[1], From their web site: "Puppet is an
4 > open-source next-generation server automation tool. It is composed of a *
5 > declarative* language for expressing system configuration, a *client* and *
6 > server* for distributing it, and a *library* for realizing the
7 > configuration.". Basically, Puppet intends to be a better cfengine [2] and
8 > IMHO it looks very promising. That's why I have contributed init scripts
9 > for Gentoo and integration of Puppet with portage, available from version
10 > 0.19.0, and have also contributed an ebuild [3] to make Puppet available to
11 > all those Gentoo sys admins out there. I also have to say that I have found
12 > its main developer (Luke Kanies) to be very supportive while programming
13 > all the integration with Gentoo. I hope you find this useful, and if so,
14 > contribute to make it even better (of course, if you find any problem in
15 > the
16 > integration with Gentoo, feel free to contact me).
17
18 Looks interesting.... Thanks for the tip !
22 regards,
23 Georges Toth
24 --
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list