From: Clinton James <cjames@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] excute remote emerge
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:47:31
1 Take a look at screen (app-misc/screen). It is what I use for that very
2 situation.
3
4 It use to be on the gentoo tips and trick forums along with an gentoo
5 weekly news howto article. Great stuff!
8 widyachacra wrote:
9 > Dear all,
10 >
11 > i'm using a dialup connection to connect to my office gentoo servers
12 > via ssh sessions. now i need to excute an emerge(#emerge -e system)
13 > system command via a ssh session, but i can't stay online always with
14 > my dialup connection. so i need to excute the command to background
15 > process(when i close my current ssh session emerge process will also
16 > stoped). so how do i do it?
17 >
18 > Q: how do i excute an emerge process to the background process(this
19 > shoud not terminated when i stoped the remote ssh session)?
22 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list