From: Brian Kroth <bpkroth@×××××.com>
To: "Vinícius Ferrão" <viniciusferrao@××××××××××.br>
Cc: "gentoo-server@l.g.o" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>, gregorcy <gregorcy@××××××××.edu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Complete migration from Scientific Linux with new features (Samba+AD/Winbind)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 15:02:10
1 Vinícius Ferrão <viniciusferrao@××××××××××.br> 2011-10-30 18:48:
2 > Hello Brian,
3 >
4 > Can you give-me some advices on how to implement this? I haven't installed UNIX Services for Windows. UID and GID is mapped through SAMBA at this moment.
5
6 I don't even think that that's necessary anymore (though I haven't dealt
7 with it personally in a while). My understanding was that the R2
8 version of Windows Server's AD schema just included the uidNumber,
9 gidNumber, homeDirectory, loginShell, etc. attributes in AD's ldap. You
10 could manage them through another tab on the user/group object
11 properties in mmc.
12
13 Past that it wasn't any more difficult than pointing your Linux hosts at
14 any other ldap. I think the only catch was that that AD wants a proxy
15 user to bind as in order to do the searches.
16
17 Brian
18