From: TRauMa <trauma@××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] multiple gentoo boxes, master file fetcher & override fetch restriction
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 01:54:58
1 Sancho2k.net Lists wrote:
2
3 >Marius Mauch said:
6 >>On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 14:07:03 +0100
7 >>TRauMa <trauma@××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
11 >>>2. How can I tell portage to ignore fetch restricitions? If I
12 >>>encounter one, I manually pull in the file as portage tells me to, but
13 >>>I'm not keen on pulling it on every client, too. So it would be
14 >>>perfect if I could tell the clients to just try and fetch the
15 >>>restricted files from the local mirror.
16 >>>
17 >>>
18 >>You can't. It wouldn't be completely impossible to add support for this,
19 >>but it would need a nontrivial amount of work and make the code even
20 >>more complicated (read the 'fetch' function in portage.py and you'll
21 >>understand ;).
25 >Not neccesarily a good idea, but an idea nonetheless, is to NFS mount
26 >/usr/portage/distfiles/ as a share that contains pre-fetched distribution
27 >files.
31 As I said, that would either mean mount ro and don't let the client
32 download additional tarballs or mount rw and enter concurrent emerging &
33 fetching nightmare land... :-)
34
35 Greets
36 T.