From: Kirktis <kirktis@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Setting up something similar to anonymizer
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 17:42:38
1 My personal solution is running dante's socks5 implementation, and
2 then doing ssh tunnelling to the socks proxy on the server. Squid does
3 a good job too. I feel best about this because not only are you
4 accomplishing the primary goal, but the ssh tunnel encrypts things, so
5 your PHB/Evil Director of IT can't snoop on what your outgoing
6 connection is for (if they can, you might get nailed for circumventing
7 corporate policy or something similar).
8