From: Michiel de Bruijne <m.debruijne@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Setting up something similar to anonymizer
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 16:23:48
1 On Wednesday 04 May 2005 16:43, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > For those unfamiliar with anonymizer, it's essentially a web-based proxy
3 > that allows a user to enter a web address in a web form and have that site
4 > displayed in a frame. This is done to prevent web sites from identifying
5 > you personally.
6 >
7 > However, another thing it's useful for is bypassing site filters that some
8 > corporations have in place.
9 >
10 > So, is there anything similar to anonymizer out there that can offer
11 > similar functionality? (that I can set up on my server) Is this something
12 > squid + a PHP page or three can do? I don't care about the anonymous
13 > aspect of it -- I simply want to be able to browse any web site, regardless
14 > of whatever site filters may be in place at the client site I may be
15 > working at.
16
17 If your only requirement is to bypass site filters that some corporations have
18 in place you can also use an online anonymous-proxy e.g. http://proxify.com/
19 --
20 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list