From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Postfix Double Bounce Handling
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 19:03:28
1 On 2012-05-14 2:48 PM, Vinícius Ferrão <viniciusferrao@××××××××××.br> wrote:
2 > But I don't understand what can make my server a backscatter source.
3 >
4 > I'm not relaying from outside, and I only accept messages from my
5 > domain,
6
7 *From* your domain? Or destined *for* your domain?
8
9 > and only from my aging sendmail+dovecot server, so no relaying from
10 > outside.
11
12 Well, since you haven't proven any of your assertions, we have no way of
13 knowing.
14
15 You should be asking this on the postfix list, but we can probably help
16 you here too, if you are willing to listen...
17
18 First, we'll need full output of postconf -n...
19
20 > What I don't have is what you said: check for local recipients. But
21 > this is a problem?
22
23 If you accept messages to *any* address (including invalid recipients),
24 then that is what is causing the bounce messages.
25
26 If you only accept messages for valid recipients, the bounces stop.
27 Simple, no?