From: James Hunt <james@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Mounting a Windows Share at Boot
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 19:43:28
1 Karl Zander wrote:
2
3 > There is a Windows share that we would like to mount at boot time. Is
4 > that possible?
5 >
6 > We have smbsf compiled into the kernel. Using smbmount we can mount
7 > and access that share now. Is it somehow possible to put this into
8 > /etc/fstab so it can mount at boot? Or is there another way?
9 >
10 > --Karl
11 >
12 Yes,
13
14 If you put it in fstab as filesystem type 'smbfs', and set the volume
15 (usually /dev/hda/) to the share address (//sambahost/shared), you can
16 specify the username and password in the options field. Normally this
17 is 'defaults' or 'noauto,noatime' or something similar, but for samba
18 you can put 'username=bob,password=pass'. Check the man page for
19 smbmount. Anything that can be specified for the -o option is valid for
20 that field.
21
22 Hope that helps,
23