From: "Francesco R." <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] mysql-4.1
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:48:47
1 > The upgrade TOTALLY pfutzed my test box. After installing 4.1,
2 > revdep-rebuild wanted to build a bunch of ~x86 stuff (mod_php among
3 > them). I went back to the old version. I have three production
4 > servers running MySQL/Apache2/PHP, none of which will get this
5 > upgrade. For the 1st time in 3 years, Gentoo is really pissing me
6 > off.
7
8 use
9 # revdep-rebuild --soname=libmysqlclient.so.12
10 as suggested from Lance Albertson in this thread, look like the best
11 solution to rebuild everything was using mysql-4.0 libraries.
12
13 For the record it's
14
15 libmysqlclient.so.12 = mysql-4.0