From: "Longman
To: "'gentoo-server@l.g.o'" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Opinion: ssh to root vs sudo
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:23:06
1 One point you may want to take into account is the audit trail you get from
2 sudo. I think it's far better to see who actually logged in and then what
3 they did. I turn off ssh root login on all my machines, period. My admins
4 must log in as themselves and then sudo when they need to. I can then see
5 login activity and sudo activity for any individual with little deniability.
6 Also, in my experience, simply move the SSH port somewhere other than 22.
7 I've moved it off that port on most systems and the script kiddies have
8 simply vanished. It will keep your logs much cleaner!
9 --
10 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list