From: Wes Kurdziolek <xunil@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] uml
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:34:29
1 Ben Munat said:
2 > Thanks... hadn't noticed the page on gentoo's site... that's cool.
3 >
4 > Is anyone using UML instead of virutal hosting? That's really what my
5 > interest is. Seems a bit of a waste of hd space to duplicate all the
6 > apps and os for each domain on the server but, considering that each
7 > domain is pretty much completely isolated from each other (and can have
8 > root access... without breaking more than their own install), it may
9 > well be worth the space. I'm wondering though, if there are gotchas that
10 > haven't occurred to me yet...
11 >
12 > Ben
13
14 You can use the same read-only base image for all the virtual servers and
15 use a COW file for changes to the base image. This saves a ton of space.
16
17 http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/shared_fs.html