From: Zhang Weiwu <zhangweiwu@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] How many years does a Pentium 1GHz PC averagely need to crack IDEA?
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:06:31
1 Hello. First my math skill is very bad. I cannot understand the
2 cryptology (even though I tried). I am now using IDEA for my server's
3 SSL. My users wish to know how safe it is, I wish I can give a clear
4 answer.
5
6 I don't know if cracking IDEA is anything related to the content length?
7 I mean, does decrypt a 100Bytes encrypted document same difficult as
8 decrypting a 100MBytes document?
9
10 If cracking time is not related to content length, how difficult to
11 crack it? If I have a Pentium 1GHz PC, how many years averagely do I
12 need to crack it? 1,000 years? 1,000,000 years?
13
14 Thank you.