From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] New Gentoo-Wiki Article (draft): Paravirtualizing Gentoo VMs on XenServer
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 06:06:08
1 On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 23:08, Pandu Poluan <Pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > -original message-
3 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] New Gentoo-Wiki Article (draft): Paravirtualizing Gentoo VMs on XenServer
4 > From: Matthew Thode <mthode@××××××.org>
5 > Date: 2011-07-27 22:37
6 >
7 >>Is there a reason you are not using the {Hardened Server [Virtualization]}
8 >>profile for grsec?
9 >>I have tested this profile on rackspace and it works (we use xen here).
10 >
11 > I forgot the exact reason. IIRC, I perused / compared the changes between 'Server' and 'Virtualization' and found some ... things I don't like. But I can't remember what exactly :(
12 >
13 > Tomorrow when I get back @ the office, I'll again re-compare them.
16 Okay, I *utterly* failed to see why I chose [server] rather than
17 [virtualization]. In fact, *now* I think [virtualization] will be a
18 better base security template.
19
20 I'll update the wiki.
21