From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] AMD Opteron and Gentoo?
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:35:49
1 On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 06:58:56AM -0600 or thereabouts, Sebastien Arnaud wrote:
2 > I am in the early planning of distributing a custom web application in
3 > the form of a linux type appliance. I am considering to use 1U servers
4 > based on dual AMD Opterons (248) for maximum performance and
5 > scalability. I was wondering if anybody had a successful Gentoo Server
6 > running on the AMD64 platform and how stable it is.
7
8 Yes, it works great. The 2004.0 release of Gentoo/AMD64 has proven to be
9 quite stable for me.
10
11 --kurt