From: Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Disabling screen blanking
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 18:45:07
1 Hey all,
2
3 Got a simple unix/linux question for ya. How do I disable screen blanking for a
4 server? Reason being, I'm having a box locking up hard on me, and I can't even
5 see anything on the screen since it won't wake up. I've tried using setterm
6 -blank 0, setterm -powersave off, and setterm -powerdown 0.. all don't seem to
7 be working for me (at on my machine here at work). This is at a machine 1500
8 miles from me, so I can't really do a lot of testing. Is there another method I
9 need to use to disable that?
10
11 Thanks!
12 --
13 Lance Albertson <ramereth@g.o>
14 Gentoo Infrastructure
15
16 ---
17 Public GPG key: <http://www.ramereth.net/lance.asc>
18 Key fingerprint: 0423 92F3 544A 1282 5AB1 4D07 416F A15D 27F4 B742
19
20 ramereth/irc.freenode.net