From: Sean Cook <scook@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Qmail Scanner & SpamAssassin & Bounced Messages
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:00:41
1 The problem is that these emails should never be accepted into the
2 queue. You are better off dropping those emails at the SMTP level. Try
3 shupps patch. chkuser it exists for both straight vpopmail or mysql
4 vpopmail
5
6 http://www.shupp.org
7
8 Includes these popular patches:
9
10 * smtp auth
11 * spf
12 * qmail-queue (to allow for virus scanners)
13 * maildir++ patch
14 * support oversize dns packets (not necessary if you use
15 dnscache)
16 * chkuser (check for local vpopmail users, envelope syntax.
17 requires vpopmail to be previously installed)
18 * spam throttle
19 * qregex (regular expression matching in badmailfrom and
20 badmailto)
21 * big concurrency (set the spawn limit above 255)