From: Christoph Gysin <cgysin@×××.ch>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Swapping NIC Order on a 2.6 kernel
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:54:14
1 fire-eyes wrote:
2 > I runa 2.6 kernel. I have two NIC's. One is a built-in 100Mbps, and the
3 > second is a 64-bit PCI 1000Mbps NIC. The 100Mbps comes up as eth0, the
4 > 10000 as eth1. I want to switch this around.
5 >
6 > I've tried so many variations of netdev passed to grub it would take 10
7 > minutes to type out. I have never once gotten them to switch. These are
8 > built in drivers. I won't use modules as I disable module loading
9 > capabilities due to security reasons.
10
11 I don't know netdev, but have you tried nameif (sys-apps/net-tools) already?
12
13 Christoph
14 --
15 echo mailto: NOSPAM !#$.'<*>'|sed 's. ..'|tr "<*> !#:2" org@fr33z3