From: Eric Paynter <eric@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Qmail - Spamassassin - Clamv
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:18:40
1 On Tue, June 15, 2004 4:01 pm, William L. Thomson Jr. said:
2 > LibClamAV Error: cli_calloc(): Can't allocate memory (8 bytes).
3 > calloc_problem: Cannot allocate memory
4 > ERROR: Database initialization error: Unable to allocate memory.
5
6 How are you starting your SMTP daemon? Is there a softlimit specified? If
7 so, try increasing it. I used to run mine at 3000000, but with increases
8 in the size of things like clamav and spamassassin, I now have it set to
9 16000000. This basically means that if there is a runaway SMTP process, it
10 cannot have more than 16 MB of RAM, thus preventing a DoS.
11
12 -Eric
15 arctic bears - affordable email and name services @yourdomain.com
16 http://www.arcticbears.com