From: Mariusz Zalewski <mz-gentoo@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Proftpd and limit inheritance
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 14:09:06
1 Hello.
2
3 After last upgrade of my proftpd serwer (from 1.3.0a to 1.3.1_rc1) I've
4 notticed some problems with my limit rules in configuration.
5
6 This is part of my anonymous configuration /etc/proftd/proftd.conf:
7
8 <Anonymous ~ftp>
9 User ftp
10 Group ftp
11
12 UserAlias anonymous ftp
14 MaxClients 30
15
16 <Limit WRITE>
17 DenyAll
18 </Limit>
19
20 <Directory upload>
21
22 <Limit STOR CWD MKD>
23 AllowAll
24 </Limit>
25
26 <Limit READ RMD DELE SITE_CHMOD>
27 Allow from 127.0.0.1
28 #some remote trusted clients
29 Allow from IP1
30 Allow from IP2
31 Allow from IP3
32 #deny everyone else
33 DenyAll
34 </Limit>
35
36 </Directory>
37
38 </Anonymous>
39
40 Proftpd 1.3.0a with above configuration works as i want to. Everybody
41 can upload files to upload directory, but only some hosts can modify,
42 download and delete files from that directory.
43
44 After upgrade to 1.3.1_rc1 nobody can upload files. Server do not take
45 into accout Limit rules in "<Directory upload>" subsection.
46
47 Can any proftpd admin confirm that? Is this an a proftpd bug or
48 something with limit inheritance has been changed in new version of Proftpd.
52 Best regards,
53 Mariusz Zalewski
54 --
55 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list