To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] excute remote emerge
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 02:19:12
1 This may be a safer bet...
2
3 if [ -z "$STY" ]; then
4 exec screen -d -R
5 fi
6
7 I haven't tested it though so use it at your own risk. :-)
8
9 Max
12 On Wed, 2006-09-06 at 13:25 -1000, Ben Munat wrote:
13 > Yikes... guess I gotta be careful with what I add to my .bashrc... added
14 > this to root's .bashrc and locked myself out of my system!
15 >
16 > Before I exited (and then couldn't reconnect) I looked at ps -e and
17 > there were hundreds of screen/bash processes... something went haywire.
18 >
19 > Managed to rm the .bashrc with ssh ... rm .bashrc but still had to
20 > reboot to login... even restarting sshd (via webmin) didn't do the trick.
21 >
22 > So a warning to anyone who sees the previous message and tries it... do
23 > it on a local machine first (I went straight for root on my remote
24 > server... :-O)
25 >
26 > b
27 >
28 > Christian Spoo wrote:
29 > > Ben Munat schrieb:
30 > >> Well, I think the response is overwhelmingly clear: screen!
31 > >>
32 > >> I just wanted to add my 2 cents that I absolutely love screen... it has
33 > >> saved my ass countless times. The only problem is remembering to run it
34 > >> on login before starting the emerge. I suppose I really should look into
35 > >> getting bash to run it for me automatically. Anyone got a script for that?
36 > >
37 > > How about adding a
38 > >
39 > > screen -A -m -d -S <your screen name> /bin/bash
40 > >
41 > > to your ~/.bashrc ?
44 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list