From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Login: Allow ssh -D without a shell?
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 17:58:20
1 A. Khattri wrote:
2 > On Sun, 6 Aug 2006, Mike Williams wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Sunday 06 August 2006 18:45, fire-eyes wrote:
5 >>> I would like to give a user an account, however with zero shell abilities.
6 >>> What I am looking to do is give them the ability to set up a SOCKS proxy
7 >>> tunnel over SSH, which is done with the -D flag.
8 >>>
9 >>> I have tried setting the shell to nologin or false, no go. I am not
10 >>> interested in setting up a chroot jail for this user.
11 >>>
12 >>> Any ideas?
13 >> You want the little known extra features of authorized_keys.
14 >>
15 >> Add command="/usr/bin/sleep",no-pty to the same line as the users key, before
16 >> the key itself, i.e.
17 >> command="/usr/bin/sleep",no-pty ssh-rsa AAAA...== user@host
18 >> When the user logs in the command will be run, regardless of what the user
19 >> asks for, and they'll get no pty so couldn't issue any commands interactively
20 >> anyway.
21 >> Remember, however long you set sleep to sleep is how long the session will
22 >> remain open.
23 >>
24 >> 2 other options for authorized_keys I know of are no-port-forwarding and
25 >> no-X11-forwarding.
28 > Or you can just use rssh as the login shell...
29
30 Tried that, but i couldn't figure out the configuration and it was quite
31 confusing. The above trick worked fine.
34 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list