From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Root exploit in virtually all 2.4 kernels ... fixed
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:09:19
1 On 12/04/03 Kerin Millar wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 20:56, Dan Shookowsky wrote:
4 > > I've been waiting for the patched version of gaming-sources, but
5 > > when I tried to emerge gamin-sources last night, I received a
6 > > message stating that all of the ebuilds were masked. I assumed
7 > > it was because they were in the process of being patched.
8 > > Should I just emerge -u gaming-sources<explicit-version>?
9 >
10 > ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86" emerge gaming-sources will do fine. I presume
11 > that it's been masked because they are somewhat deprecated. Probably
12 > better not to use -u in this case ;)
13
14 It won't work, gaming-sources has KEYWORDS="-* ~x86" and -* overrides
15 all other settings. It's still under investigation if that was a mistake
16 or was intentional. But seeing that it's still on 2.4.20 I'd recommend
17 to switch to another kernel if you don't rely on a special feature only
18 found in gaming-sources.
19
20 Marius
25 In the beginning, there was nothing. And God said, 'Let there be
26 Light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a bit better.