From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Mounting a Windows Share at Boot
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 19:46:36
1 On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 15:35 -0400, Karl Zander wrote:
2 > There is a Windows share that we would like to mount at boot time. Is that
3 > possible?
4 >
5 > We have smbsf compiled into the kernel. Using smbmount we can mount and
6 > access that share now. Is it somehow possible to put this into /etc/fstab
7 > so it can mount at boot? Or is there another way?
8 //server/share /where/you/want/it smbfs noatime username=foo,password=blah 0 0
9
10 or something quite similar should do the trick. I've used it in the
11 past, so it is possible to directly mount from /etc/fstab.
12
13 wkr,
14 Patrick