From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: Gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Share: Script to automate installation of Citrix XenTools in a Gentoo guest VM
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 08:06:51
1 On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 15:35, Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
2 > Hi list!
3 >
4 > If you've used XenServer, you know that to properly manage your guest
5 > VMs you need to install Citrix XenTools in the guest VM.
6 >
7 > The problem is, the supplied installation script only supports Debian
8 > (sarge up to squeeze and sid), Ubuntu (lucid), RHEL/CentOS (4 to 6),
9 > and SLES (9 to 11). No support for Gentoo.
10 >
11 > Christopher Wojno indeed had shared a way to install XenTools in
12 > Gentoo in his blog:
13 > http://christopher.wojno.com/2009/08/11/gentoo-domu-in-xenserver
14 >
15 > However, his method is mostly manual, and in addition it installs an
16 > initscript that's *not* compatible with OpenRC.
17 >
18 > Thus, I've cooked up a script to automate the process *and* at the
19 > same time create an OpenRC-compatible initscript.
22 Script is now available via Mercurial:
23
24 https://bitbucket.org/pepoluan/install-xe-guest-utilities-for-gentoo
25
26 Rgds,
27 --
28 Pandu E Poluan
29 ~ IT Optimizer ~
30 Visit my Blog: http://pepoluan.posterous.com
31 Google Talk:    pepoluan
32 Y! messenger: pepoluan
33 MSN / Live:      pepoluan@×××××××.com (do not send email here)
34 Skype:            pepoluan
35 More on me:  My LinkedIn Account  My Facebook Account