From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] requirements for a more stable portage tree
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:31:37
1 On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 02:52:02PM +1100 or thereabouts, Andrew Cowie wrote:
2 > On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 11:40, Kurt Lieber wrote:
3 > > * All ebuilds in this 'frozen tree' are guaranteed to be available for a
4 > > certain period of time so admins can plan their upgrades more accurately.
5 >
6 > Tell me again why such ebuilds can't be maintained in existing portage -
7 > all we have to do is *not* remove them from the tree so fast, no?
8
9 Nobody said it had to be a separate tree. That's an implementation detail.
10 I'm using the term 'frozen tree' more as an easy way of describing a state,
11 rather than an implementation.
12
13 --kurt