From: deadhead <deadhead@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] RAID 1+0 question
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 07:56:57
1 Marton Gabor wrote:
2
3 > I'm going to recieve 4x250Gb SATA disks to our new server, and my
4 > first idea was to make 2xRAID1 and then make 1xRAID0 out of the RAID1
5 > arrays using Linux software raid so that I have our data mirrored and
6 > still I can use 500Gb storage space and handle it as one big "disk".
7
8 Maybe you could buy a real hardware RAID card [LSI 3ware adaptec and
9 others] and let it do the dirty job.
10 So you don't have to worry about boot or file config: everything will be
11 hide to the system and will work flawlessly.
12
13 IMHO every RAID with 0 inside is the evil, but that's just a personal
14 opinion. RAID5 could be a nice solution.
15
16 cheers
17
18 .:deadhead:.