From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Can Apache Proxy for a NAT'ed web-server
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 14:46:41
1 Ow Mun Heng wrote:
2 > how do I specify the internal example2.com (say ip 192.168.1.1)
3 > Where does the proxy directive go to?
4 >
5 > Thanks for the help in explaining.
6
7 Here's a working config from a friend's webserver that proxies his Tivo.
8 In his setup the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse point to the public IP
9 of the Tivo so you might need to mess with the config a little bit if
10 it's internal, like maybe turn ProxyRequest On... it's been 6 months or
11 so since I helped him set it up. I included the Auth stuff as well in
12 case you needed it, though for a normal webserver you should skip that
13 stuff. Again IIRC the Location / can be used to point to a dir on the
14 internal machine. Setting Location /tivo/ would start you at
15 10.10.10.11/tivo/ rather than just / like in this config.
16
17 <VirtualHost *>
18 ServerName tivo.domain.com
19 ServerAdmin ops@××××××.com
20 DocumentRoot /var/www/tivo.domain.com/htdocs
21
22 TransferLog /var/log/apache/tivo.domain.com-access.log
23 RefererLog /var/log/apache/tivo.domain.com-referer.log
24 ErrorLog /var/log/apache/tivo.domain.com-error.log
25
26 ProxyRequests Off
27 ProxyPass / http://10.10.10.11:8088/
28 ProxyPassReverse / http://10.10.10.11:8088/