From: Eric Sammer <eric@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] New GSDS snapshot
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 04:15:25
1 Joby Walker wrote:
2 > Actually there is a better way now. The most recent couple versions of
3 > portage support -g/-G which allows portage to grab binaries of an
4 > http/ftp server. All that is needed is to set the "PORTAGE_BINHOST"
5 > variable in /etc/make.conf. I have been using this for a month or so
6 > now and it is much more reliable than an emerge -k over NFS.
7
8 Indeed. I just heard about this myself. I'm all about easier. Easier is
9 good. Thanks for the heads up...
10
11 (This is how binaries will probably work as it seems the most logical
12 and just about anything is better than requiring NFS, in my opinion.)
15 Eric Sammer
16 eric@××××××××××××.com
17 http://www.ineoconcepts.com
18 http://store.ineoconcepts.com