From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] qmail virtual domains + virtual users
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 15:40:02
1 Thanks (you too, Dadi) for the ideas. My /var/log/qmail-send/current
2 contains over 500k of lines like this:
5 @400000004095ef010bac1efc alert: cannot start: qmail-send is already running
6
7 I scrolled all the way through it... that's all there is. Doesn't sound
8 right.
9
10 I also can't find anywhere to change the mail directory that webmin
11 looks at, but ultimately that's not that important... wasn't planning on
12 checking my email in webmin too often. The question is, what is a simple
13 way to see if mail is getting through to a user? The gentoo qmail doc
14 refers to mutt, which I had to emerge and then it didn't work (I guess
15 it's configured to look for a directory called "Mail"... sigh.) Isn't it
16 possible to view mail by just doing a less on the appropriate file? Or
17 maybe the problem is further back in the chain: maybe qmail somehow
18 isn't configured to put mail in ~/.maildir/new... shouldn't the ebuild
19 do that for me?
20
21 As confused as always... maybe I should just re-emerge... that fixes
22 everything, right? ;-)
23
24 Ben
25
26 PS: hmmm, I just check my output of ps -e and this is in there:
27
28 26447 ? 00:00:00 qmail-send <defunct>
29
30 curiouser and curiouser...