From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] exim + spamd: permissions errors when checking spam
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 00:52:14
1 On Saturday 19 August 2006 20:29, Jeroen Geilman wrote:
2 > What user does spamd run under ?
3 > It *should* run under root - not sure what you mean by "root spamd",
4 > there's just a parent and some child processes.
5
6 By "root spamd" (a bad choice of words!), I meant the base spamd process. It
7 is actually running as the user root. The two children are running as the
8 spamd user I created. The reason I don't want to state it is security
9 reasons, but it isn't spamd, and it is a dedicated user for spamd to run,
10 which has its own home directory on the filesystem.
11
12 So, below, we have the processes (user running as):
13
14 + spamd (root)
15 |
16 - spamd (spamd-user-i-made)
17 |
18 - spamd (spamd-user-i-made)
19
20 However, the errors seem to be indicating that the spamd running as user root,
21 is the one getting the requests from exim.
22
23 I'll compare my exim config to yours, obviously one line missed by me or
24 goofed up by me could wreak havok.
25
26 Thanks for the reply!
29 99% of politicians make the rest look bad.
30 --
31 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list