From: Erik Anderson <erikerik@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: mod_rewrite issue after upgrading to apache-2.0.54-r31
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:23:37
1 On 10/31/05, Erik Anderson <erikerik@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I recently upgraded one of my servers to the latest stable apache
3 > ebuild in portage (2.0.54-r31). After upgrading, all of my
4 > mod_rewrite rules stopped working. I have checked the httpd.conf
5 > file, and it appears that the rewrite module *should* be getting
6 > loaded. There are no errors when I start the apache process.
7 >
8 > Has anyone else seen this behavior?
9
10 Okay - to reply to myself...I made some headway. I determined that if
11 I placed the rewrite rules in the vhost declaration instead of my
12 .htaccess file that they work fine. What's interesting is that I have
13 "AllowOverride All" set for my DocumentRoot, so I would have expected
14 that to enable me to create rewrite rules in my .htaccess. Is this a
15 change in behavior with the new rev of apache?
18 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list